Can Somebody Id My Loach?

Well your common plec is going to need at least a 5x2x2 Tank as he reachs 18" and your Bichir will reach about 12" so ideally get a 5x2x2 tank for them both :) or rehome them or tak them back to the lfs :)

I moved my bichir to my other tank. I traded places with my weather loach. I now have the bichir in with my albino african frog (which I am told he eats fishies once he gets bigger too so I figure they are ok together for now), a platy, and a pleco. He is still pretty young so I will keep an eye on him. Don't know what I am going to do with him now! Tho I love him and don't want to get rid of him but don't have the cash to get a bigger tank right now, perhaps down the road. My other tank now has 3 corys, a weather loach, a dojo loach, large snail, male betta and a pleco. I know someone is going to tell me to move the platy to the loach/cory tank but I have tried that and the betta in that tank beats him up so that isn't an option right now.

Weather loach and dojo loach are two common names for the same fish, though you do get different colours. They need to be kept in cold water. Here is a profile for their care: http://www.loaches.com/species-index/weath...nguillicaudatus

If your lfs can't tell the difference between a loach and a birchir you might want to consider finding a different shop to go to. Good luck with your new fish!

Weather loach and dojo loach are two common names for the same fish, though you do get different colours. They need to be kept in cold water. Here is a profile for their care: http://www.loaches.com/species-index/weath...nguillicaudatus

If your lfs can't tell the difference between a loach and a birchir you might want to consider finding a different shop to go to. Good luck with your new fish!

I learn sooo much here! I figured that the weather and dojo looked the same, one is just bigger than the other because one would be older. The albino frog and the bichir are still pretty young, I plan on getting a bigger tank down the road, possibly this fall for them.

Most reactions

Back