Can It Happen?

anything is possible :good: I have goldfish with tigerbarbs and a pleco and rainbow shark. lol

Is it possible for a female betta to live in a ten gallon tank with 4 zebra danios, and an albino aenus catfish?
Like previous person posted , it can be. However I see few concerns of the combination you are considering.
I think the danios can be too active for the Betta. Also they can be fin nipper to slow moving fish like Betta may become target. Also their preference of tank condition may not much well. As I'm not mistaken, I think the danios prefer tank with water movement and Betta prefer more quiet warmer water.

So they may not be the best tankmates however it may work depends on the amount of plants, decorations/hiding spots as well as the personality of thee female Betta. I hear their personality can be so different among the Bettas.

I don't think the albino aenues would be a problem as long as they are kept in good group preferably 6+ but at least 4. Since most of corydoras are schooling fish exception of few species. And as long as their prefered water parameter can match with other fish you are planning to put in the same tank. Since I never kept the Aenues, I can say for sure but I believe they are one of the hardiest cory so they should be fine with most community set up of mid range water, temperature and ph.

So bottom line is you can try the combination you are thinking if you already have all the fish but I would not go get them if you haven't done so already if I were you. Until do some research of their water preference and compatability. If you go ahead and put in the same tank, please keep the close eyes and be ready to seperate them if they don't get along.

You couldn't fit a school of 6 albino corys into a 10 gallon tank, Neoncory. Albinos are usually either peppereds or bronzes, they don't stay all that small.
IMHO a 10 gallon is also too small for danios, due to their high activity levels, and they would be better off in a bigger group. The combination small tank/small group is one that always seems to feature in forum posts complaining of danio aggression/fin nipping.
Female bettas are usually kept in sorority groups to spread their natural aggression.

You couldn't fit a school of 6 albino corys into a 10 gallon tank, Neoncory. Albinos are usually either peppereds or bronzes, they don't stay all that small.
IMHO a 10 gallon is also too small for danios, due to their high activity levels, and they would be better off in a bigger group. The combination small tank/small group is one that always seems to feature in forum posts complaining of danio aggression/fin nipping.
Female bettas are usually kept in sorority groups to spread their natural aggression.

You are absolutely right dwarfgourami,

I forgot to mention about the tank size. After writing about the compatability, my brain forgot.(not crazy about getting old) :blush:

I guess, s/he just have to get bigger tank or more tanks. :shifty:

Most reactions

Back