Can I Set Up Two Filters For One Tank?

elvira44dd

Reaction score
I have a Juwel Rio 180, and have been given it along with a Interpet Airvolution Mini pump, and a Interpet Aqua AP2 pump. I have a filter for the AP2, but nothing with the Mini.. I was thinking of running the two together in the tank.. while setting up for the fishless cycle this weekend.

Is it possible to run both of these until I get a larger pump, or would I need to buy a new pump from the start?

I was thinking of setting the mini up with 2 aqua mist bars, to create 2 walls of bubbles at the back of the tank....

Yay or nay?

I have a Juwel Rio 180, and have been given it along with a Interpet Airvolution Mini pump, and a Interpet Aqua AP2 pump. I have a filter for the AP2, but nothing with the Mini.. I was thinking of running the two together in the tank.. while setting up for the fishless cycle this weekend.

Is it possible to run both of these until I get a larger pump, or would I need to buy a new pump from the start?

I was thinking of setting the mini up with 2 aqua mist bars, to create 2 walls of bubbles at the back of the tank....

Yay or nay?

Iev got 2 filters runnin in a few of my tanks - 1 has the inbuilt Jewel and a Stingray thingy, the other has an ehiem external big one with a ehiem aquaball, never had any problems

Yay or nay?

Iev got 2 filters runnin in a few of my tanks - 1 has the inbuilt Jewel and a Stingray thingy, the other has an ehiem external big one with a ehiem aquaball, never had any problems
Thanks for that. I can start the set up and look into the fishless cycle this weekend then.

i have a fluval 4 and a fluval 205 on my 55gal and it runs perfect if you have another filter running its just basically added filtration which is good

Yay or nay?

For a tank of that volume, you need a proper filter such as a Fluval 4+ at least. Air pump driven filters won't be up to the job.

IMHO, an external canister would be a better option. A Fluval 305 or Eheim 2215 would be perfect for that size tank.

Most reactions

Back