Can I Put Terrapins With Things Like Clown Fish?

lickle_loz

Reaction score
hay, i am looking into setting up a marine fish tank as my partner wants a 'finding nemo style' as she calles it. however i want a couple of terrapins.

if i got a 190 gallon tank and filled it 2/3 full would i be able to keep both? will terrapins even live in a marine tank? or should i just get the whole idea out of my head??

any help would be grate, thanks :rolleyes:

hay, i am looking into setting up a marine fish tank as my partner wants a 'finding nemo style' as she calles it. however i want a couple of terrapins.

if i got a 190 gallon tank and filled it 2/3 full would i be able to keep both? will terrapins even live in a marine tank? or should i just get the whole idea out of my head??

any help would be grate, thanks :rolleyes:

No. Everything will die. Turtles are freshwater, Nemo is saltwater. Plus, I hear turtles are quite messy.

First reply summed it up, no :) If you want both you'll need 2 tanks, one SW one FW.

First reply summed it up, no :) If you want both you'll need 2 tanks, one SW one FW.

I actually keep 2 x red eared sliders (terrapins)

as previously stated they will die in saltwater. They also need a platform to bask on under a uv light (if they dont have this then they can suffer from a disease which softens their shells). The may live to be 70 years old and as they get larger they need HUGE tanks or prefarably tropical pond like setup.
They also are known for contracting samanella which can spread quickly and they have jaws that cut cut your fishies in half

hehe dont want to put you off them coz they are great pets but they must be housed appropriatlely

well thats burst my bubble good and proper :-(

the misses said they'll evolve lol

think its gonna have to be .... a nemo tank, more colours, too bad my wallet will never see the green stuff again lol

Most reactions

Back