Can I Mix In Some Tiger Barbs And Maybe Other Stuff?

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a 260l tank that has 6x Yellow labs and 3 x Blue Haps plus 1 x Female pink Convict (who used to be with my Red Devil in the other tank) 2 x Raphael cats, 1 x Featherfin Syno.

Could i add in a large shoal on Tiger Barbs?

The tank looks kinda empty, I am running it at neutral PH.

I would decide on either Rift Lake or community first, and go from there.. the two sets of fish need very different water conditions, and you are currently not providing the best environment for the African cichlids.

I know, but they are shop bred fish, i dont really want to get into that, they have been in neutral for over a year and bred in it.

It would still be the best option for the welfare of the fish.

why exactly, they can't be being treated that badly or they wouldn't be breeding like rabbits.

I have a 260l tank that has 6x Yellow labs and 3 x Blue Haps plus 1 x Female pink Convict (who used to be with my Red Devil in the other tank) 2 x Raphael cats, 1 x Featherfin Syno.

Could i add in a large shoal on Tiger Barbs?

The tank looks kinda empty, I am running it at neutral PH.

It`s widely commented on and suggested that SA/CA and African cichlids shouldn`t be kept together yet isn`t the pink convict a CA cichlid? :unsure:

I don`t mean to be rude but Kitty Kat didn`t say anything about your fish being treated badly so why so defensive? At the end of the day the forum is about asking questions, asking for and giving opinions and trying to help people out and I think thats what Kat is doing ;)

To be honest, with the mix that you already have I don`t understand why you`re asking about adding Tiger Barbs, you`ll probably just do it anyway :/

Most reactions

Back