Can I Have Shrimp In The Tank While I Breed?

Noahsfish said:
"big plastic fishbowls for a dollar each" how big, I'm guessing they're not bigger than a gallon each...will you have enough heaters for your bettas, or does it stay in the 70s even at night? What type of filtration will you be using? You should make this into a journal, it'd be very interesting..as for almond leaves I'm not going to say they don't work (because I've never bred bettas) but from my experience and others almond leaves don't really achieve much other than perhaps softening the water, which I've found peat moss to be much more effective. That being said please don't buy peat moss, do research on it and you'll find how destructive business are...
Just giving my honest opinions, didn't mean to come off rude if you were referring to me. And if you REALLY want to do this, go for it, just be warned you probably won't know how many complications will arise until they do (did that make sense?)

Nothing should be in the breeding tank except for the pair and some live plants but I would use those sparingly and as places for the female to hide from the male if needed.  

I normally caution anyone wanting to breed bettas especially those that do not realize the work it involves day in and day out.  Although I do not believe you are in anyway ready to breed bettas SeaGoddess, I will help you with any questions or concerns you may have along the way.

Just make sure the fish are healthy. Add Indian almond leaves, no shrimp, some hardy plants like java fern or jungle val. All I can say.
Age doesnt matter. I bred cichlids like convicts when I was 15.

DerpPH said:
Just make sure the fish are healthy. Add Indian almond leaves, no shrimp, some hardy plants like java fern or jungle val. All I can say.
Age doesnt matter. I bred cichlids like convicts when I was 15.

I think it was a generalisation on not being ready, not an attack on her age.
People start developing an "experience" picture of other members when you've read through a few of their topics, perhaps Wildbetta is referring to that rather than her being too young.
For someone who keeps a current number of 8 Bettas, well and properly - I'd listen to Wildbetta if it was me :p

Maybe I'm just out of times, but I sure as heck didn't have a pay pal account when I was 13!

Noahsfish said:
Maybe I'm just out of times, but I sure as heck didn't have a pay pal account when I was 13!

I didn't know what that was when I was 13 :p

Lol I know what a PayPal account is besides I can just use my moms

SeaGoddess said:

I wasn't implying that you didn't know what it was? :S

Random comment: when I was 13 I didn't know how to breed humans let alone bettas. :fun:

SeaGoddess said:
I'll take it that your mom approves of you using your money? :p

SeaGoddess said:
Yes. Besides It's my money anyway... lol :p
Money is always an object in fishkeeping. Just keep up tue good work, make sure the bettas are good and your good to go. They are easier to breed than cichlids anyway.

Yes money isn't the problem. I have funding from several different places.  Anyway I just want help with this. I understand a lot of people don't think I can do it. That's fine. I would oblige if there was no more criticism.  And this isn't directed towards you Derph.
Thanks for the encouragement. :)

If a 15 year old can breed cichlids then a 13 can breed bettas. Age doesnt matter, experience does.

Most reactions

Back