Can I add an African dwarf frog to this tank?

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I put everything on the aquarium stocking calculator and it said it’s not overstocked. I do 25-50% water changes every week. Would an African dwarf frog work?

Attachments

• C2244738-E8E6-47E3-9CF5-5D12CA29C9BE.jpeg
    C2244738-E8E6-47E3-9CF5-5D12CA29C9BE.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 53
No. African dwarf frogs need species only tanks. If you want to add something more increase you shoals, you need more of the types of tetras

Actually dont add anything else it looks overstocked to me

No. African dwarf frogs need species only tanks. If you want to add something more increase you shoals, you need more of the types of tetras
Ok. I thought I saw somewhere that they could be kept in community tanks but I could be wrong. I am pretty interested in these guys and this is they tank I was considering them in but I guess not.

Ok. I thought I saw somewhere that they could be kept in community tanks but I could be wrong. I am pretty interested in these guys and this is they tank I was considering them in but I guess not.
I love those little guys, but they have poor eyesight and have trouble finding food with other tankmates. Also when they go up for air they often get picked on by the other fish.

I love those little guys, but they have poor eyesight and have trouble finding food with other tankmates. Also when they go up for air they often get picked on by the other fish.
I understand. This tank is the most peaceful tank you will ever see so I don’t think they would end up getting picked on

I agree with @JuiceBox52 ADF should be in their own tank. I have had them in the past and they do not compete well with fish for food. Chances are they will not live long in a community tank.

Also the tank might be too high, they can't swim well and need a tank not more than the height of a ten gallon, they mess to go up for air and can suffocate

Also the tank might be too high, they can't swim well and need a tank not more than the height of a ten gallon, they mess to go up for air and can suffocate
Ok. I thought about switching to a 20 long when petco has a dollar per gallon sale

Ok. I thought about switching to a 20 long when petco has a dollar per gallon sale
If you want them I would suggest buying 10 gallon and having 6 or 7 in a species only tank. Its really cool to watch them interact with each other, they are a lot more active without fish.

Also they are social so you need at least 2

If you want them I would suggest buying 10 gallon and having 6 or 7 in a species only tank. Its really cool to watch them interact with each other, they are a lot more active without fish.

Also they are social so you need at least 2
Ok. I don’t have space for a 10 right now. Would 2 work in my current?

Ok. I don’t have space for a 10 right now. Would 2 work in my current?
I dont think so. I really wouldn't reccomend it

Most reactions

Back