Can i add 2 cichlids?

AaronPenfound

Reaction score
I was walking round the fish shop the other day and the fish that mainly caught my eye were all the cichlids! Now i was just wondering with the fish i have in my tank (which will be down the bottom!!) are there any nice community cichlids that would be ok in my tank? My tank is 4ft x 2ft x 1.5ft so i do have enough room to house 2 thats not the problem, i just dont want the smaller fish to be eaten!! :dunno:

Sorry about the double posting but on the first time it told me it had failed so i re-typed and re-posted it! :thumbs:

*** Mod Edit - Double post fixed! ***

Well i wasnt talking about any particular type of cichlids, i just want 2 of the same type that would get on well in the surroundings i have (community tank)! I did take alook at that site, cheers for that it was very helpful, and there were a few types of dwarf cichlids that i liked the look of but i woundnt mind them being the centre piece of my tank so i wanted some a little bigger maybe 4 - 5"? but im open for suggestions if anyone has any ideas?

hey firemouth are very cool im getting ones 2moz!!! hey u ever bin to the japanese koi carp centre? i notied u lived in hertfordshire thats next door to me!!!

I have been to a few in my area, i have been to one in welwyn garden city but thats more of a tropical shop with koi there and then theres the one in henlow which does everything, is that the one you mean!??!

yea the 1 in henlow, its a cool place got a gd selection. but still u shuld get a firemouth or a pair of kribs they are both cool. There are load more like convicts but they r very aggressive

Rams or Kribs would be your best choice, the larger cichlids are more aggressive then the dwarf cichlids.

You could try a single firemouth with your community tank and it may work out fine. I have done it in the past with no troubles. But there is always a chance it will not work, alot depends on the fish itself some are kicked back and mellow and some are not..

With a firemouth I would guess your odds are about 70-30 that it will work fine. But thats just a guess..Keep an eye on them for a while and be ready to pull the FM if it looks like its going bad..

As long as there is other fish around he should be fine. Oh and by the way you already have 2 cichlids in your tank. Angels belong to the cichlid family.. He should be fine solo.

Most reactions

Back