Reaction score
I have a 29G tank here are the fish in it

5x blue neon tetra
6x black neon tetra
3x cherry barbs
2x angelfish
1x redtail shark
2x ottos

now I run double filtration using the penguin 350 and the tank is planted - medium stocked.. and fully cycled

will it be an issue if i add a single Black Kuhli Loach?

Kuhli Loaches like to be in a school (at least 6).

If I may comment on your stocking: Can you get more otocinclus? They too like to be in a school! :) 

I've never kept barbs, but I think they like to be in larger numbers also. 

Yeah i was planning on buying 2 more ottos tomorrow, was looking into other fish as well as im getting quite bored with what i have.. im considering giving away the black neon tetras..

what about ghost catfish? can i buy one?

I never had any but I found this doing a search http://www.newpetfish.com/2010/02/glass-catfish-compatibility-care-info.html
You may want to do a search also and see what other sites with info on them you can find!

If you rehome the black neons, try and up the numbers of the blue neons. When schooling fish are being kept in small numbers it is quite stressful on them which lowers their immune-system, they become more susceptible to diseases.

You should also rehome your red tail shark as it will grow too big for your tank. Same with the angelfish I think as they can and often will grow quite big.
That will then open you up for some more fish like more oto's and neons.
Also I don't think you should get a Kuhli loach.

theking said:
I have a 29G tank here are the fish in it

5x blue neon tetra
6x black neon tetra
3x cherry barbs
2x angelfish
1x redtail shark
2x ottos

now I run double filtration using the penguin 350 and the tank is planted - medium stocked.. and fully cycled

will it be an issue if i add a single Black Kuhli Loach?
For starters I would get rid of the red tail shark. Then I would get rid of one of the groups of tetras or barbs and make the other 2 groups 6 each. Then I would get 4 more ottos. Then I would be satisfied in knowing my tank is full :) .

i dont recall asking what to do with  my red tail or angelfish, i have asked for advice about that kuhli loach and have received it - so thank you to Meeresstille, second thing is i will only CONSIDER removing my red tail IF it begins showing signs of aggression and same goes for the angelfish which are all about fully grown and do not come close to each other or any other  fish in the tank

Okay okay, no need to get grumpy.
We simply advise what is best for your fish. whether you take the advise is entirely up to you. However I urge you to allow us to help you on your way to a thriving healthy aquarium.
In answer to your question, no I do not think you can add 1 black kuhli loach.

TallTree01 said:
Okay okay, no need to get grumpy.
We simply advise what is best for your fish. whether you take the advise is entirely up to you. However I urge you to allow us to help you on your way to a thriving healthy aquarium.
In answer to your question, no I do not think you can add 1 black kuhli loach.
+1

It's not about aggression with your shark and angelfish, it's that the tank is too small :)

I agree, You can not add a kuhli too your tank. Infact you can't add anything to it.

The fish will suffer stunted growth, get stressed and start attacking all the other tank mates. It's a matter of time before you have a mini war on your hands.

As "advised" by the other members, I think you should take a stock check and maybe change what you have in the tank.

techen said:
I agree, You can not add a kuhli too your tank. Infact you can't add anything to it.

The fish will suffer stunted growth, get stressed and start attacking all the other tank mates. It's a matter of time before you have a mini war on your hands.

As "advised" by the other members, I think you should take a stock check and maybe change what you have in the tank.

+1

Most reactions

Back