Can bumble bee goby live with pleco? Can pleco live with tap water or chlorine water?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You must make your tap water safe for fish, use water conditioner - always. Surely you must know that already?

First, what would you call a pleco? There are many, all different.

Is there a reason you don't google this info, before asking more specific questions?

Pretty much anything in the Goby family is more timid… there are exceptions, but the panda goby is timid… a fish that looks similar, but would most likely hold up to a pleco, are the panda garras

Most gobies are from brackish or sea water and need salt and minerals in the water.

Most plecos (including dwarf ones) come from soft water with little to no minerals and no salt.

Plecos and gobies should not be kept together.

Bumblebee gobies and most other gobies do best in a single species tank where you can provide them with the correct water chemistry and offer them frozen (but defrosted) or live foods. Most gobies won't take dry food so you need frozen and live foods for them.

---------------------

All fish need water that is free of chlorine or chloramine. These two chemicals burn the fish's gills and can wipe out the beneficial filter bacteria.

If you use tap water and it has chlorine or chloramine in, you need to neutralise the chlorine/ chloramine before adding that water to an aquarium containing livestock (fish, shrimp, snails, etc).

Last edited:
You must make your tap water safe for fish, use water conditioner - always. Surely you must know that already?
Perhaps your understanding of tap water differs from nuttawets in Thailand. Water supplies and treatments are not globally universal.

Perhaps your understanding of tap water differs from nuttawets in Thailand. Water supplies and treatments are not globally universal.
No offense intended, I assumed the poster would know that already as they've been a member here a long time? I wrote my response straight and to the point in case language was an issue knowing the poster is from Thailand 👍🏻

Most reactions

Back