Can Bettas Go In Biorbs?

i'd say yes. i wouldnt recommend a baby but maybe the 30l

the only thing is the filtration can cause a torrent. dont know if it can be reduced. i was thinking of getting one

They seem nice, good space wise too. :good: I think JennyBugs modified hers, so im going to check, see if i can find it. :good:

Edit: Click Post# 35 :good:

I think im going to buy me one!! :D

They can be kept in a 30 L ( the 15L baby is only safe for keeping shrimp ) but you will need to modify it to accomodate a better filter, and you will need to lower the water level to provide enough air for the betta and give a good mix of O2 in the water.

If you fill the Biorb right up you will have very poor oxygen in the tank. :no:

They're not good space wise though are they? :blink: If all the space above and below the curves was filled with water, it would be much better for the fish and take up no more space. A rectangular tank makes by far the best use of space and you can get some great looking ones. Google aqua qube, arcadia arc and aqua 40 :good:

I wouldn't say you'd need to do anything to the filter, other than possibly change the Biorb substrate/media to normal gravel.

They can be kept in a 30 L ( the 15L baby is only safe for keeping shrimp ) but you will need to modify it to accomodate a better filter, and you will need to lower the water level to provide enough air for the betta and give a good mix of O2 in the water.

If you fill the Biorb right up you will have very poor oxygen in the tank.
no.gif

FYI bettas don't need O2 in the water, bettas are surface breathers and come to the surface for air

is that why your selling all your equitment :eek: Marine is a hard job. And requires ALOT of time :good:

Marine is fab!!!

We have a 94L River Reef

After the initial setup they are IMO pretty easy to maintain, the CUC do most the work for you!!!

Most reactions

Back