Can Anyone Please Tell Me What Type Of Fish These Are?

Siftyzod

Reaction score
I was given these fish and hope someone can please tell me what they are i have supplied an image of them
Thanks
GLenn

Attachments

• SANY0030.JPG
    SANY0030.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 29
rosy barb (Puntius conchonius)..and i am talking about those on top side of the picture. there are also those two white pink fishes in the bottom side you see. I think they are some sort of south american cichlids.

The gold ones have the body schape and conformation of Goldent/Schuberts barbs, but 'seem' to lack the coloration along the sides (but this may be the flash).

Agrfeed the white ones look like cichlids, impossible to tell which type but might be 'pink' convicts?

the pink ones are blood parrot cichlids and have looked up gold barbs on net and they look very simalar thanks for the help gus :)

the pink ones are blood parrot cichlids and have looked up gold barbs on net and they look very simalar thanks for the help gus :)

They are not parrots, parrot cichlids have a deformed looking shape and cannot close their mouth.
Its pink convicts im sure!

:)

They are not parrots, parrot cichlids have a deformed looking shape and cannot close their mouth.

+1.... (but willing to be proven wrong :) - do the babies deform as they grow? - plus they look more leucistic than albino)

+1.... (but willing to be proven wrong :) - do the babies deform as they grow? - plus they look more leucistic than albino)

Its exactly how mine started out, they stayed the same shape and colour.
good.gif

Pink convicts aren't true albinos but young ones do look a lot like young parrots, they might well be hybrids as well... But def not the right shape for parrots though. Just as ugly IMO!!

And definitely gold barbs, very different to the rosy barbs. Female gold barbs don't get much mottling on their sides, only the males do.

Pink convicts aren't true albinos but young ones do look a lot like young parrots, they might well be hybrids as well... But def not the right shape for parrots though. Just as ugly IMO!!

And definitely gold barbs, very different to the rosy barbs. Female gold barbs don't get much mottling on their sides, only the males do.

+1 True i didnt notice the horizontal black line running across their body.

Most reactions

Back