can anyone please help black widow tetra looks like chunks missing !!!!!

jason2098

Reaction score
hey guys im new to this forum i have been into fish along time but would like some opinions this morning i wake up to find my tetra looking like this fisrt thing i did was get him out then i did tests ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 20ppm so its not the water at fisrt i thought i had amonia spike but proven not to be the case he was house with 3 goroumis,1 angel female and 6 other black widow tetras all other fish are fine i have put him in QT and give him salt bath can anyone give me sugestions please i have had him 6 years and dont want to loose my lil guy thanks very much

Attachments

• 1605751434038.jpg
    1605751434038.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20201119_125203_02.jpg
    IMG_20201119_125203_02.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 51
Definitely do a major water change - 50% in the other tank and daily 25% in the quarantine tank. I would vacuum the substrate. I can't really tell what's wrong with him by the pictures, but it could also be from old age if you've had him awhile.

*Just my gut reaction but I am not a fish doctor... maybe @Colin_T would know*

Definitely do a major water change - 50% in the other tank and daily 25% in the quarantine tank. I would vacuum the substrate. I can't really tell what's wrong with him by the pictures, but it could also be from old age if you've had him awhile.

*Just my gut reaction but I am not a fish doctor... maybe @Colin_T would know*
i have done 50% change in main tank and in qt tank i did 25% it could be old age but last night he was fine it honestly looks like my angel might of got him im allways putting him in time out for his behaviour works for 2 days then he back to himself all the other tetras are fine and all tests are good i have treated him with sea salt in qt and also formaldehyde and see how that goes he is still swimming and eating and he is 6 years be ashame to loose him he my fav allways says hello and lets me hand feed him i will post as i progress

Looks like a physical damage from fighting.

Move him to Qt tank and
Use antibacterial med for fish and add salt (aquarium salt or rock salt but not table salt because other additives added in)

And do daily 50-75% water changes
I hope he’s okay.

how
Looks like a physical damage from fighting.

Move him to Qt tank and
Use antibacterial med for fish and add salt (aquarium salt or rock salt but not table salt because other additives added in)

And do daily 50-75% water changes
I hope he’s okay.
how are you yes thats what i thought a physical fight the only fish in the tank that it might have been would of been is my angel but he hasnt picked on others yes he is doing good i have used formaldehyde green and sea salt and have been changing his water he is still eating and swiming fine i have had him 6 years he is my fav fish out of about 300 hope he pulls through hope im doing eveything right and pramaters for qt are ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and nitrates 40 ppm so water is good for him and i have degrees set to 28 degerees thanks for your help

Most reactions

Back