Can Anyone Identify This Fry?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

allan078

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Evening all.

This fry was one of two that i found in my tank on the 1st of september. Unfortunately this one's sibling didn't make it. At first i assumed it was a guppy, but now i'm not sure. It's either guppy or platy. Answers on a postcard!

DSC02683_zps6a0f6da1.jpg

Also is the one in the background a platy? it's only a few days old.

Thank you :)

When they're tiny they're so hard to identify, initially i thought guppy but i looked at it today and thought it looked a lot more platy-ish. I have a few platies so i have no idea who the parents are and what kind of platy it'll turn out to be. Hoping for a mickey mouse has mine haven't bred yet. It's a shame it's sibling didn't make it as there was only 2 of them. I have about 20 variatus platy fry in there and about 12 guppies.

edit: Yes, it is very cute! As are all the guppies i have, they're starting to get their colours now, should get some very nice looking guppies!

Definitely Platy - They are the exact same as my Platy Fry except mine are red :good:

guppys at afew days old are normally a transparant greyish colour then turn
black before getting any other colour so would have to agree with everyone else
deffo a platty

Yeah I have a bunch of guppies. All have turned grey/white. They're all starting to get a bit of colour in them tho. I think I'm gonna end up with some very nice guppies :). I found 2 more this evening. I am going to be overrun verry shortly!

Most reactions

Back