Can anyone ID this cichlid

Steve2717

Reaction score
I recently purchased from an online store what I thought was a salvini cichlid, however instead of the nice bright yellow of a salvini this fish appears a light brownish colour. Can anyone help and let me know what kind of fish this is, whether a salvini or not. Thanks for any assistance, apologise if a little blurry, it's hard to get them sitting still

Attachments

• 20240915_144059.jpg
    20240915_144059.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 33
It's not a salvini. Maybe a hybrid with managuense or something new.

You might be able to do an image search on google.

It's not a salvini. Maybe a hybrid with managuense or something new.

You might be able to do an image search on google.
Thanks I thought it wasn't, bit annoyed as it obviously wasn't what I wanted and I'd bought a convict which was supposed to be 7cm and was more like 3cm when it came. More concerned due its size whether it will survive as I have a 4/5inch green terror in there. There's plenty of hiding spots so hopefully he survive long enough to grow a bit. Tried to reverse search but it didn't result in anything that looked like it. Thanks again

Need to find a central American cichlid group and see if they can ID it. But if it's a hybrid, you won't have much luck.

I recently purchased from an online store what I thought was a salvini cichlid, however instead of the nice bright yellow of a salvini this fish appears a light brownish colour. Can anyone help and let me know what kind of fish this is, whether a salvini or not. Thanks for any assistance, apologise if a little blurry, it's hard to get them sitting still
It looks kind of like a Chocolate Cichlid or Umbee Cichlid?
1726580779640.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back