Can Anyone Help Fast?

Tank Girl

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, if anyone can help that would be great. Have had tropical tank for ages now, had it coldwater first but got tropical cos was advised it was easier! Since then seem to have had lots of problems, deaths, big wastes of money and snail infestations!! Have started again from scratch, have a tiger barb, black angel fish and a red and black tailed shark left Have begun cycling again and need some suggestions for re-stocking. Have seen lots of suggestions that i should have an idea of what i want in the tank before i begin stocking so asking for some help! Would like some to shoal but when i did this before majority were eaten! Any help would be ace!! Thankyou (also need it so i dont feel like an idiot in the fish shop again!!) :fish:

Hiya! Sorry about that, doh!! Its a 54 litre tank (Juwel60 one) with the standard fitted pump etc... need anymore info let me know... thanks for all your help guys!! :fish:

I would've thought an angel fish would out that tank pretty quick.

angels and tiger barbs don't go well together as a rule of thumb. tiger barbs are fin-nippers. not only that, but they need about 5 companions, as they are a shoaling fish. the shark you are describing is one that gets extremely aggressive as it matures. i'm not sure what 54L is in gallons, but i don't think it is enough for your fish.

That's about 15 gallons US, which is way too small for a red tail black shark. They are extremely territorial and very aggressive. Its not really good for an angel either, IMO. You could take those back and go with a school of 6 tigers, but that's about it.

take all of those back and get neons neons neons, and then some cardinals. small tanks are good for small shoaling fish.

:fish: :fish: crap- sounds like we're in trouble then!!! i think lots of little fish would look much better but would like a couple of slightly bigger fish too. Not sure now what to do with the fish we have got and not sure the shop i had em from will have them back... have had them for ages. :fish::fish:

Most reactions

Back