Can Acf Eat Superworms

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

miatiny

Reaction score
I have some superworms for my Gecko and I was wondering if it as ok to feed some to my African clawed frogs. They loved the crickets but I do want to feed them the superworms until I have confirmation that it will not hurt them. This is only for a treat and not ment as a regular meal.

i use to have an acf! well you can pretty much feed them anything that fits in their mouth! Its a good idea to cut them up in smaller pieces though to make sure they do, but they really arent that big so its up to you whether you want to. So yea you should definatly be able to feed them those and i also just looked it up online.

you feed yours crickets? i was thinking about doing this also, but wasnt sure! how to you get them to stay underwater?
do you think african dwarf frogs would eat them too?

i use to have an acf! well you can pretty much feed them anything that fits in their mouth! Its a good idea to cut them up in smaller pieces though to make sure they do, but they really arent that big so its up to you whether you want to. So yea you should definatly be able to feed them those and i also just looked it up online.

you feed yours crickets? i was thinking about doing this also, but wasnt sure! how to you get them to stay underwater?
do you think african dwarf frogs would eat them too?

I just drop the live crickets in and the movement of the crickets on the surface of the water atttracted the ACF and as my son said they swam up from underneath and chomped on them like a shark would....My son thinks it is the coolest thing. The Dwarf one might enjoy very small crickets. I only give them the male crickets because I read somwhere we had to take off the ovi...from the femelles.

Thank you, I will try to feed them one tomorrow.

oh ok thanks! i think ill stop by sometime and pick some up to see. Did the acf like the worms?

oh ok thanks! i think ill stop by sometime and pick some up to see. Did the acf like the worms?

My female managed to swallow it but the male spit it out. I will not be trying it again as I was worried they would drown as it took so long to swallow. The superworm got hard and rigid. They enjoyed the crickets way more.

Most reactions

Back