Cal's High Tech Planted 20 Long

I asked and it was said by freddy that it wont work. So Im a little worried about what I should do.Without the jewel I have a tank with 3 otos in it, and to my surprise a black tetra, in excellent condition, that I dont know how survived or where it came from, I thought I gave it to my friend, on top of it all Ive had it for 3 years. I divided the tank into a 6 gallon, black tetra, and 14 gallon, jewel, to give myself time for my decision. So stocking suggestions would be interesting to hear. As for the co2 testing, which I am confused how to do, or anything for that matter involvoing the tank, midterms came and I have become very busy, to much hw.

I tested my ph and kh to find out how much co2 was in my tank. The kh tested 35.8, and a ph of 7.2, which is higher then it was, usually below 7.
Well using the chart I have found that Im about 5-6 ppm, I need to be 30. So I will increase my co2 levels and test tommarow, or maybe even test again today. As a plant update I sold my swords, they were taking to much room in the tank for my likings, aquascaped, and it has impoved from the last pic. I will post pics ethier today or tommarow for sure.

Ok I got the co2 up to around 16 ppm, and Im slowing increasing to the levels it need to be. But I have a problem emerging, Im starting to see alage on a coyple of my plants.. what do I do?

Most reactions

Back