Calling All Style Gurus

If I were you, or had your hair...

I'd get it cut into a layered style, especially around the face. No fringe. Then invest in some good ceramic hair straigheners and some good straightening oil.

The problem with curly hair is that it has a tendency to look cauliflower like when cut short, a big :no:

It depends how much you are willing to do to it before you can leave the house!! I prefer to have longer hair because that way if I can' be bothered I can just stick it back.

I'm blessed/cursed with naturally curly hair as well. I've tried short cuts but the problem is, the curl want to do their own thing and when it's short, it looks like cow-licks!

Another problem I have is that when my hair is doing what it should do, it looks beautiful (like a soft curly perm) but most days, it wants to frizz!!! especially at the back where I lean my head. I used No-Frizz, but it can only do so much.

I have noticed that if when I take my shower, I comb my hair in the shower with the conditioner in it (I have a big comb specifically for this) and then rince the conditioner out without really combing it again until it has dryed, that my hair is much nicer and co-operative with me.

With my hair, I find it easier to care for when it's long because on those bad hair days, I can pull it back and wear a pony-tail, or clip it into a bun.

M-A-M, I wear my long hair exactly like you do on most days, with my long bangs held back either with a headband, or a hair clip.

If you've had your hair done, I'd love to see what it looks like! Maybe you'll have something I can work with as well. I'm 42 for crying out loud, I can't have long hair forever can I?

I'm blessed/cursed with naturally curly hair as well. I've tried short cuts but the problem is, the curl want to do their own thing and when it's short, it looks like cow-licks!

Another problem I have is that when my hair is doing what it should do, it looks beautiful (like a soft curly perm) but most days, it wants to frizz!!! especially at the back where I lean my head. I used No-Frizz, but it can only do so much.

I have noticed that if when I take my shower, I comb my hair in the shower with the conditioner in it (I have a big comb specifically for this) and then rince the conditioner out without really combing it again until it has dryed, that my hair is much nicer and co-operative with me.

With my hair, I find it easier to care for when it's long because on those bad hair days, I can pull it back and wear a pony-tail, or clip it into a bun.

M-A-M, I wear my long hair exactly like you do on most days, with my long bangs held back either with a headband, or a hair clip.

If you've had your hair done, I'd love to see what it looks like! Maybe you'll have something I can work with as well. I'm 42 for crying out loud, I can't have long hair forever can I?

Most reactions

Back