Buy A Used Or New Tank?

:) I bought a 46 gal. tank with everything but the fish and water. Used at 120.00 And it was a bow front tank.

I buy used stuff all the time. In fact if it wasn't for used equiptment I wouldn't get to enjoy the hobby as much as I do. I look for stuff that is about 50% less than the cost of new and In Good condition. Remember to look for scratches and cracks. Don't buy the line that you won't see it with water in the tank.

You could always use petsmart pirnt outs they do in store price match

Obviously you've made your choice...but here's my humble opinion for the future.

It depends on your situation...if you're buying a tank that you know is going to be in good condition or will just take a little work or time to set right, why not. Like Seraph said, we got a 60 gallon acrylic for $50, sure we buffed out some light scratches, but it's a fine sturdy tank.

If you're looking a 100 bucks between new and used, go for the new...no question, it's just not worth it. We're building our stand b/c we wanted a very specific look to it.

It all depends on your situation and what you want out of it. In no way shape or form would I call what's sold on ebay or any other of those sites junk...and with enough time and effort on your part you can make a gem out of just about anything. So that being said it's also about how much time pre-set water and fish you're willing to put into your tank in and of itself.

that's just my opinion though.

Happy filtering!

Most reactions

Back