Bumblebee Gobby

Fishfan4lyfe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
went to LFS today and noticed they had 1 for £1.99 and was in with clown loaches just wondering if anybody had any info or could shre some light on these fish thanks

I think that they are brackish water fish, but I believe I heard that there are a few species that actually are freshwater fish. Apart from that, I think that they're pretty easy to keep, I think they just eat bloodworms.

Not sure for certain, though.
Cheers,
GobyMaster

yes bumblebee gobys stay very small and are brackish. actualy now that i think about it im unsure about them being brackish.

anyways, for starters they should be kept in species only...which means your putting these little guys that dont move much into their own tank, and IMO a cool 5 gallon or so could house 1 maybe 2. they need to be species only because they are very hard to feed, you need to have the frozen or live food (only) flow passed their mouths. they are opportunistic so dont think theyll come up to the top when you come to the tank for a snack. ive seen them housed well with dwarf puffers (non brackish) and tiny flounders (brackish)

i would think they would be ok with mollys and stuff but once again, feeding them is rather difficult. ive had my eye on these guys everytime i go to the LFS but am not ready to devote another space to them

I have had 4 bumblebees in a community tank for the last 6 months with no problems, they have not lost any colour and eat bloodworm and flake.
You need more than one, ideally 4 or 5.

The best place to start would be to read the section on bumblebee gobies on nmonks webpage: HERE

I havn't kept them myself, but there are many species offered for sale under the name 'bumblebee goby', I think its actually the case that most of them live in freshwater in the wild, but in general don't do so well in FW under aquarium conditions - so its best to keep them in brackish water (but FW can be done and seems to work for some people). They're also picky eaters and need non boisterous tankmates.

The best place to start would be to read the section on bumblebee gobies on nmonks webpage: HERE

I havn't kept them myself, but there are many species offered for sale under the name 'bumblebee goby', I think its actually the case that most of them live in freshwater in the wild, but in general don't do so well in FW under aquarium conditions - so its best to keep them in brackish water (but FW can be done and seems to work for some people). They're also picky eaters and need non boisterous tankmates.

Thanks for your help everybody :hyper:

Most reactions

Back