Building Pond Advice

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'm in the very early stages of building a pond. I'm actually flagging the back so the hole is remaining as it is until that is finished. Trouble is a man hole has limited the size to 80 inch x 68 inch x 36 inch.

I'm going to build it upand have a raised pond with brick making the wall unless breeze block would be better and stronger. I could render it afetrwards.

I need some advice as to get the liner to stay up and what style of brickwork to use and any other tips would be much appreciated!! lol

Cheers

Image026.jpg

Image019.jpg

I'm in the very early stages of building a pond. I'm actually flagging the back so the hole is remaining as it is until that is finished. Trouble is a man hole has limited the size to 80 inch x 68 inch x 36 inch.

I'm going to build it upand have a raised pond with brick making the wall unless breeze block would be better and stronger. I could render it afetrwards.

I need some advice as to get the liner to stay up and what style of brickwork to use and any other tips would be much appreciated!! lol

Cheers

Image026.jpg

Image019.jpg

Brick pavers are excelent for holding down and hiding the liner. you can Mortor them together and make a wall...I currently have a paver wall around a above Oranda pond. Next yr I'm pulling it out and setting in liner. I will set pavers over and make a wall.. helps keep critters out as well.

Cheers

Image026.jpg

Image019.jpg

Brick pavers are excelent for holding down and hiding the liner. you can Mortor them together and make a wall...I currently have a paver wall around a above Oranda pond. Next yr I'm pulling it out and setting in liner. I will set pavers over and make a wall.. helps keep critters out as well.

cheers for that and welcome to the forum as well!!

whats a brick paver?

Cheers

Image026.jpg

Image019.jpg

cheers for that and welcome to the forum as well!!

whats a brick paver?

Aww Thanks! Pavers are used for many things such as pool decks, driveways, etc.. they are very cheap and easy to put together. As long as you know how to use a wet saw ur good..LOL They also come in many different colors..heres a pic of my wall..I will have to tear it down next yr but I will build another to hold the liner down.
spring42.jpg

Make sure you check out the layout of any pipes, electric cables, drains etc as you certainly don't want any of these under the pond. You should use underlay fabric to line the brick shell before you put the liner in as this will help insulate the pond and protect the liner from stretching, tearing and sharp objects etc. I would cut back that hedge and ivy if i were you as leaves of ivy and evergreen hedges and tree's can be toxic when they fall into pond water and decompose.

Most reactions

Back