Building A Cube Aquarium

fattikins

Reaction score
I have been really inspired by a couple pictures to do a cube-shaped planted aquariums.

I want to make an aquarium that has this shape:
http://bp0.blogger.com/_dLSVgS5AxBI/SDVW...

Except the dimensions would be 14"x14"x14".
What thickness of glass should I use?
How much can I expect to pay for the glass? (In Canadian dollars preferably)

Also, I would really like to light it with a desk lamp, what kind of light bulb should I be looking for? Could I find it at home depot? I know that it has to be 6500K-6700K, and if I was to keep high-light plants, what amount should the watts be on it?

I know it is a lot of questions so thank you for your time :)

6mm Plate Glass will give you a better bond.
Dont know about pricing in Canada
You can buy some nice clip on modules these days for your lighting.
Regards
BigC

BigC - What would the price be in Northern Ireland? (This way I maybe can get a rough estimate).
:lol:
FREE I work as a glasscutter in a factory so I cut and finish my own from offcuts if you see what I mean.
I really dont know how much 6mm plate is per M sq. but I can find out. The pricing changes all the time.

Regards
BigC

BigC - What would the price be in Northern Ireland? (This way I maybe can get a rough estimate).
:lol:
FREE I work as a glasscutter in a factory so I cut and finish my own from offcuts if you see what I mean.
I really dont know how much 6mm plate is per M sq. but I can find out. The pricing changes all the time.

Regards
BigC

Oh :lol: If only it was actually profitable to ship fragile objects from Ireland to Canada :p
If it really isn't out of your way I would like to know how much it is.
Thanks so much for your help :)

Most reactions

Back