Bubbles?

mattb22

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How many full size CO2 bubbles do you guys recomend I should get flowing out of my pipe a minute in a 2.4 gal tank?, (DIY CO2 BTW).

Regards mattb22.

anyone???!?!

i guess it depends more on what the current levels of CO2 are in the tank..

Have you tested the Ph and KH at the moment?

is it DIY in a bottle or home made mix in a hagen kit?

how much sugar and yeast are you adding at the moment?

Some diffusers are better than others too, so that makes a difference. What are you using?

Sorry for all the questions..

Squid

Hehe no problems

PH of around 6.7 and KH 6od (not entirely accurate is 5in1 test)

DIY bottle

Yeast around qtr of teaspoon, Sugar about a dessert spoon and half

Dispersing by using the filter inlet method.

Regards mattb22

Hehe no problems

PH of around 6.7 and KH 6od (not entirely accurate is 5in1 test)

DIY bottle

Yeast around qtr of teaspoon, Sugar about a dessert spoon and half

Dispersing by using the filter inlet method.

Regards mattb22

this is where my knowledge gets shakey..

so... according to this tropica chart http://www.tropica.com/default.asp with your readings it gives you 38ppm, which seems quite highish, as i thought people aimed for about 30ppm (although i may now be told that this higher level is ok ;) )

that seems like a small amount of sugar to me, as i put more than that in my hagen kit. So does that mean that more of the rest of the mixture and the same amount of yeast means that it will produce less but last longer? or will you need to reduce the yeast by a tiny amount..

I think others may ask if thats the reading after the photosynthesis period or before, and what is the difference between the two as this may affect ph swings..

Matt.. sorry, i'm not sure if i'm helping or not, but i seem to have opened up more questions than i have answered, so perhaps i should pass this on the the more knowledgeable members..

Cheers
Squid

Ok thanks mate erm, it is a 2.4gal tank remember therefore even the smallest doses of co2 would probably sky rocket the overall tank Co2, Id say im averaging around 2 bubbles per minute coming from my tube.

Thanks a lot mattb22

There is a lot of factors effecting readings of kh and Ph. The only true method I've heard of is to measure Ph drop over 24hr period. Remove a cup of water from the tank measure Ph then leave for 24hr then test water from the cup again.The drop in Ph will give you a much clearer idea of how much CO2 is in the tank.
Alex

Most reactions

Back