Bubblenest

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

J

Jess

Hi,

Ive had to take my female betta back to the lfs as she's not looking too well. They took her back and offered me another but i thought id wait a while and maybe get a male this time instead as my male didnt even notice the female was there!!!

Anyway, she went away yesterday morning, and this afternoon i looked into my bettas tank and he had made the biggest bubblenest ive ever seen!!! It was literally covering half the tank!!! He'd not even made a tiny one when the female was there!!

Is this normal?! Do you think he wants another female there?! He doesn't seem depressed again yet - he's just busy with his nest... Im very confused!! Anyone know whats going on with my strange betta?! lol

Jess

He probably just became happy about something. When they are happy or content, they build nests. He probably wasn't thinking "breed me" (as he does not sound as if he was conditioned for it.) So you must have done or altered something that made him feel a bit more spry and happy.

My bettas build nests because they are so happy with their days and having the ability to pick fights through a divider whenever they want.

No, he's not conditioned as im not planning on breeding him!! he's not exactly breeding quality...lol

I had given him some bloodworms the night before to cheer him up, but that was about all i did!!lol He wouldnt get excited about that... would he?!

Jess

P.S. Attached a picture of him! :D like i said, not breeding quality...lol But i like him! (excuse the dirty glass!!lol and the fact that he's swimming away from the camera... :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• Arnie31
    Arnie31
    29.8 KB · Views: 46
bloodworms probably did it.. mine will get happier when i feed them bloodworms after a few days on flakes and pellets

Thanks Rollntider :) I want your crowntail! :D lol i only have that one VT :(

Nibbles - He'd really get that excited over bloodworms?! That is so cute... Bless him!!! :) Ill have to get him some more!!!lol He only has them once a week at the most!!

Maybe he did notice the female but was trying to play it cool. B) Then when you took her away he thought maybe he played it TOO cool so now he's building the biggest, baddest nest he has ever built in order to lure her back. :flex:

jaimoe said:
Maybe he did notice the female but was trying to play it cool. B) Then when you took her away he thought maybe he played it TOO cool so now he's building the biggest, baddest nest he has ever built in order to lure her back. :flex:
:lol: :lol:

:kewlpics: He may not be breeding quality, but he is a handsome fella, you bettcha. And IMHO, bloodworms can make a Betta happy. I've had to rethink my opinion of feeding messy live bloodworms because my guys do perk up when given a treat of the live wiglers. :hyper:

LOL Jaimoe!! :D That wouldn't surprise me either... he is a bit stupid!! :D Poor Arnie...lol

Thank You IBFrog! I just bought him 'cos he matched my purple room! :D lol But i like him and thats all that matter, right? :)
I dont feed him live bloodworms, i dont think he'd know what to do with those!!! He just has the frozen ones but he loves those!!! he's so sweet... :wub:

Jess

Hey,

Ok, so, i cleaned out my bettas bowl last night, did about a 25% water change and took his bubblenest out! (Dont think he was happy about that!) I gave him his normal food - Betta Bio-Gold and no bloodworms. I just looked in his bowl this morning and he's made another bubblenest!!! :D He must just like making them!! How cute is he?! :wub: lol
Put a picture of his bubblenest on this post! Its a bit blurry, sorry! But i think he did quite well, bless him! :D lol

Jess

Attachments

• Bubblenest
    Bubblenest
    25 KB · Views: 46
Aww, thank You lopeva!!! :) Im so proud of his little bubblenest!!! Hes so adorable!! :wub:

Lol.... sorry, he's like my little pet... I spoil him!! And i know he's only a fish but why shouldn't i?! :D lol

:*)

Jess

Most reactions

Back