Bubble Wall

dortiz24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I get some of my items from www.aquariumguys.com. I'm interested in buying a bubble wall but I'm not sure what all I need for it. I found the one I want to get but the info about it doesn't say what else I need to buy to set it up. http://www.aquariumguys.com/buwaai28.html This is the site of the product I want. 28" bubble wall. What else do I need to get to make it work?

Thanks. :)

Just an air pump and airline tubing to attach it to the bubble wall.

For a 28" bubble wall, you will need a pretty decent sized air-pump though.

i dunno i always thought the bubble wands wore out fast. even if u take them out of the tank and clean them, ive even poked new holes in it and they still got wore out. then i bought these two bubble stones and they have worked great they havent even slowed down at all but that is just my experience

I do see they have an air pump for up to a 30 gallon tank. It's a 'bubble wall airstone'. How long will this airstone last?

make sure u buy a checkvalve because if ur electricity shuts off in a storm or anything it will make sure no water goes into ur pump and causes electrical problems :] peace

I wouldn't bother getting a check valve since it's highly unlikely that the water would travel up the tube and over the side of the tank, it would just stop when it reaches the water level. So unless you drilled a hole in your tank below the water line you'll be fine without a check valve. :good:

I wouldn't bother getting a check valve since it's highly unlikely that the water would travel up the tube and over the side of the tank, it would just stop when it reaches the water level. So unless you drilled a hole in your tank below the water line you'll be fine without a check valve. :good:

Better safe than sorry. Mine was only £1, so worth it just in-case.

Its possible :nod:

like the person above me said they are only around a pound so better to be safe than sorry!

Well personally I'm to much of a cheapskate and have too much faith in physics to bother buying one.

But it's your choice whether to buy one or not.

i always thought the bubble wands wore out fast.
IMO i never had much luck with the bubble wands either, they clog too fast. I have never used the flexible ones they might be better. Ive had better luck with air stones, they have stones that you can put together Like This and expand as you wish. Put it under the gravel and you will never see it.

Plus you can hook up twin air lines (one to each side) if you have a twin outlet air pump. Or just a strong single outlet pump using a gang valve.
I have never had a wand last as long as the stone i currently have, and the stones are easy to clean using a brush.

Most reactions

Back