Bubble nests

It means that if you have a filter in the tank the current is too strong for them, they are not enjoying their tank mates and getting stressed out, or they are getting stressed out by other means like large temperature fluctions or unadequete water quality or other enviromental causes of stress etc etc...
What size tanks are they in, does the temps stay stable in them night and day, are they with other fish and is water quality good/how often do you do water changes etc?

will betta "undo" a bubble nest they made?
there was one in my tank when i left this morning and then ic ome home and its gone

hes in a 5 gal which has been divided off, i noticed this morning that his bottom fin is poorly, looks like fin rot but its happened so fast :/ could he be doing it himself?

^It's possible that he's chewing himself. They do that when they are stressed. Do you have a filter in the tank? WHen was your last water change, and how big was it?

^^They won't undo it, but other kinds of fish or a filter can tear it up. My female bubble nested and the filter always tears it...

no, it doesnt mean you are doing anything wrong...a lot of bettas just wont bubblenest under many situations...

Allix said:
Neither of my bettas make bubble nests, does this mean there is somthing wrong with them?

:(
[snapback]841699[/snapback]​

Most reactions

Back