Bruce

he's georgous
i got my cokatiel from an abusive home
she was trapped in a teeny tiny cage that was round and had vertical bars
both of which are a nighmare for a bird
they NEVER took her out, then she was passed on to my aunt who attempted to take better care of her but kept the same cage
my aunt would let the bird out but the dog would push it around all the time with its nose
so my aunt gave my sister the bird, who didn't like it,
since it was bitter and mean from the years of abuse
she had it in her room with no windows for light and and rarely cleaned the cage since she was afraid of the bird
it lived like that for a year
i finally protested enough and took the bird
i had spike (the bird) from the age of 13-17 when i realized that no matter how well i cared for her, she would never fully recover from the years of abuse
there was something missing in her life and the older she got, the less accepting of me she got
i tracked down the perfect home for her
a woman who used to be a breeder and had a friendly handtamed male all alone in a huge aviary by himself
the minute spike entered the aviary with the male it was love
she had found what she had been squaking for all of thes years
she is now 18 and going strong
and she is finally happy and content :wub:

sorry, long story
i guess your little cutie just brought back memories :*)

lol no its fine remains me of my indian ringneck i had, i got it when i was about 8 and started training it, but my brothers would always let him out of the cage and one day he got out of his cage and was gone.. i didnt see him for a couple of days untill one day he was sitting on the fence and then i brought his cage out and he flew straight back in... happiest day ever. He mostly taugh bruce how to talk before he died of old age...great bird

Most reactions

Back