Brown Ghost Knife

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

botia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
does anyone here have a brown ghost knife if so how do i care for it? and does it hide all the time?

lol hey there! haha i posted a thread on these just a couple topics down and didn't get any replies.... I've been researching these as well because they seem to be like a great substitute for a black ghost knifes but for us keepers who don't have a 125 gallon tank. Obviously i don't own one, but am planning on getting one as soon as the 55 gallon is set up! So i might be able to help you with what ive read and talked to people about so far.

So far Ive learned that in general care its pretty much the same as the Black ghost knife in terms of water conditions and temp and feeding.
The main difference between the two is that the brown ghost knife only gets to be about 10" max where as the black ghost knife..is much greater at 20 ish" lol

i am getting a 200 (ish) litre tropical tank with a fire eel (will go in a larger tank later) four pimelodus pictus and maybe a gold severum, would a brown ghost knife be suitable for this tank?

idk...in my opinion that sounds like a decent load already with the fire eel and too other fish...i don't know much about the other two
(pictus and servum) but idk get some more opinions i suppose

pimelodus pictus grow about 15cm, gold severums about 20cm max the fire eel will go in a different (larger) tank later on when hes to big.

Most reactions

Back