Brought Wrong Heater

jumblepod

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I brought a 100w heater for my tank because the one i have is only a 25w. do you think a 100w heater is too much for a 35l tank?

I brought a 100w heater for my tank because the one i have is only a 25w. do you think a 100w heater is too much for a 35l tank?

it proberly is a bit much, but you could always turn the temp down lower than you actually want it 'to even it out' sort of speak, say you want it 26.c put it at 20.c it may work, keep a thermometer in there to keep an eye on it until you can get the right size heater

Its fine, dont worry !
You can use a 1000 Watt heater in a teacup if you want.... the danger is that the thermostat sticks "ON" and overheats the water. (Although this should be rare these days)

You do NOT need to set it colder than you need... but I would ALWAYS trust a thermometer over the heaters settings.

Its fine, dont worry !
You can use a 1000 Watt heater in a teacup if you want.... the danger is that the thermostat sticks "ON" and overheats the water. (Although this should be rare these days)

You do NOT need to set it colder than you need... but I would ALWAYS trust a thermometer over the heaters settings.

I have this problem too. I have a 200w heater I bought to replace a 75 watt one in a 96 litre tank. It has a thermostat setting. I am going to try it out and watch the thermometers.

Most reactions

Back