Bronze and albino Cory

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can you keep albino Corys with bronze Corys ? Or do they both need their different shoals. Seems weird considering they’re both same fish with different pigmentation?

Well most albino corys are the same species as the bronze but occasionally you will see albino pepper corys or albino sterbai. But to answer your question they don't need separate schools.

Perfect. I currently have 3 bronze Corys so the addition of 2 albino Corys for example would be fine? My tank is currently under stocked so any number recommendation would be appreciated as I do really love them very fun to watch

Perfect. I currently have 3 bronze Corys so the addition of 2 albino Corys for example would be fine? My tank is currently under stocked so any number recommendation would be appreciated as I do really love them very fun to watch
Yep! What's your tank setup? (size, tank inhabitants, filter, planted etc.)

I’ve got a long 20 gallon with java fern and soon to be amazon swords plants. I’ve got 6 Pygmy cories 6 glow light danios and 3 bronze Corys at the moment :) with a hang on back filter z

I wouldn't get an amazon sword. They get too big. But any of the smaller swords would work! :) I would get 4-8 more pygmy corys and 3-4 more bronze/albino corys.

Perfect I was thinking of doing just that! But getting a dwarf blue gourami as a centrepiece kinda fish and 3 albino Corys and 4 Pygmy cories, think that would work?

Stock will be fine with 6 pygmy cories and 6 bronze/albino bronze.

BUT. Watch that your pygmies are getting enough food. They struggle to compete and bronze at full size are much, much larger than pygmies who are a lot more shy.

Be wary with the dwarf gourami, some can be buttheads with tankmates so be sure he doesnt go after the pygmy cories.

Id have a cycled 10 gallon ready to move the pygmy cories just to be safe if things go south on you :)

And yeah be sure theyre albino bronze and not albino peppered or albino sterbai. Sterbai have yellow fins even as albino. And are fairly chunky.

Peppered have taller pointed fins and a slimmer body. A tall dorsal fin that looks more like a sailboat sail is more likely a peppered not a bronze.

IMG_20200510_185325three.jpg

Perfect I was thinking of doing just that! But getting a dwarf blue gourami as a centrepiece kinda fish and 3 albino Corys and 4 Pygmy cories, think that would work?

I see some issues here. First, increase the pygmy cories, and the glowlight danios. Both will be in better shape with a few more. The larger cories do not count when it comes to Corydoras pygmaeus. A group of 8-9 would be minimum for this little cory. And another 3-4 glowlight danio (Danio choprae) would be very advisable; males are territorial and this is less of an issue with larger groups.

That brings me to the dwarf gourami, which will be out of place here; danio species are not good tankmates, they are more likely to fin nip sedate fish, and if you provide a better number of the fish you have the gourami will not be as suitable. You could get some nice colour with a group of one of the dwarf rasbora, such as the chili Boraras brigittae. A group of 9-10.

Most reactions

Back