Bristlenose

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
I've had this guy since he was only about an inch long. He now is the biggest fish in my 50G and is whopping 5 inches! Only recently i have noticed that he is growing even more! Those patches of lighter colour that you can see are where he is growing from my previous experience. They aren't as light as the picture makes out though.

He certainly rules the tank and makes it known to the other plecs that he is the boss!..

Attachments

• bigbristle.JPG
    bigbristle.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 31
I know thats what i thought! But i measure him alot and he stopped growing when he got to about 4.5" then over the last month he has started growing again and is now 5"!

Ben

I have had mine for less than a year.... so i guess they do grow fairly fast, if you feed them well :) Mine gets wafers and the occasional bit of cucumber or meat.

Ben

Excellent pic! :cool:

Do female BNs still have small bristles, or do they have none at all? :dunno:

He certainly rules the tank and makes it known to the other plecs that he is the boss!..

He is beautiful BW..... :wub:

Do female BNs still have small bristles, or do they have none at all?

My adult female bnose has none at all.....I have female fry that have none at all also (though they are 1/2 the size of their mother)

SirMinion said:
We have a bristlenose that's a foot long, so he may grow a lot more yet!
HOLY $H!T! thats huge! have youposted a pic of him?

Great bnose bunji :nod: looks very healthy :thumbs:

DD

SirMinion said:
Dwarf_Dude said:
SirMinion said:
We have a bristlenose that's 10 inches long, so he may grow a lot more yet!
HOLY SH!T! thats huge! have you posted a pic of him?
Yep. and here they are again:

bigbroc1.jpg

bigbroc2.jpg
i thought that was a different kind of Plec that looks like a bnose?

oooh yes,i remember him :thumbs:
just forgot/never knew he was a foot long,i neer knew they could get that size :blink:

DD

Bristlenose is a common name which is applied to several differnt variety of pleco- some are dwarfs and stay 5 inches of lees while others get over a foot.

For more infor on plecos and other cats try visiting Planet Catfish

bunjiweb said:
I have had mine for less than a year.... so i guess they do grow fairly fast, if you feed them well :) Mine gets wafers and the occasional bit of cucumber or meat.

Ben
Mine have grown really fast. I had them in October 2004 and they were both half an inch long.

Now my male is almost 4" and the female is slightly smaller at 3.5".

Sir Minion, your bristlenose is a "Starlight Bristlenose" which are known to get up to about a foot long....right? Mine however is a standard Ancistrus. They do get up to about 5", so i dont know how much growing my guy has left in him.....

Ben

Most reactions

Back