Bristlenose Plec, Im Concerned About Its Stomach

The only 2 pet stores open in my area have not got the slat :(

No is tail is not bending m8, and there is no red markings near his anal.. only thing is that its belly where fat has goner very bright white colour.

He aint eating the peas yet, still no sign of it going to toilet.

Im getting really frustrated that i cant help it more :(

THanks fro helping me btw you are very kind.

Don't feed him any bloodworms.
I wouldn't feed him for a few days.
All there is do is epson salt baths, and bacterial med.
If his tail starts to bend bad news.
If you add the bacterial med don't forget to make sure there plenty of water movement.

What is it that actually think it is? dropsy?

Maybe they have some med for this, i just asked for epson salt.. should i have asked also for treatment that treats drops?

Thanks again.

The anti internal bacteria med treats dropsy.
But if you want to get the dropsy med its up to you.
Keeping fingers crossed as mine never made it.
Good luck.

No 09 Anti Internal Bacteria
Cure Dropsy and other internal bacterial diseases inTropical and Coldwater Tanks.

OK m8, i have been and got the treatment have treated the 18" tank in which the pleco is quarantined, good news is he is actually pooing right this minute and girlfriend said he started pooing just after i left for treatment :).

Hopefully he will recover, thankyou ever so much for all your help and quick replys, you may have just helped me save my pleco's life :)

Once again Thanks :good:

He's till not out of the woods yet, but good luck.
Glad he's going to the toilet thats a good sign.

Update wilder, the plec is fine now and doing well, seems that internal med worked a treat and the peas :)

Thanks ever so much. :)

i had a brittlenose plec once, i named him bubbles, anyway back to the point, he died because i fed him the wrong food apparently. He was as bloated as the picture of your plec. I fed him carnivore algae flakes instead of herbivore algae flakes (the shop assistant told me to get it...never trust a pet sotre you've never been to). But you seem to be feeding him peas and cucumber, so maybe you just need to fast him. Maybe he's not pooing beause he's stressed out? I dunno, just throwing things out there and doing what I can to help :)

i had a brittlenose plec once, i named him bubbles, anyway back to the point, he died because i fed him the wrong food apparently. He was as bloated as the picture of your plec. I fed him carnivore algae flakes instead of herbivore algae flakes (the shop assistant told me to get it...never trust a pet sotre you've never been to). But you seem to be feeding him peas and cucumber, so maybe you just need to fast him. Maybe he's not pooing beause he's stressed out? I dunno, just throwing things out there and doing what I can to help :)

Dont know how he got bloated to be honest, all i can think is i went overboard on the bloodworm, im just glad he is ok now :)

Most reactions

Back