Breeding WCMM ?

close up off of wcmm one day old, i can start feeding them once they absorb their yolk sac

Wow. I’ll let you know when my tank is all up and running :) I’ll post pictures in this thread

I've bred WCMMs outdoors. Tried indoors but I had better results outdoors. But maybe that was because it was a more natural environment to them.

I've bred WCMMs outdoors. Tried indoors but I had better results outdoors. But maybe that was because it was a more natural environment to them.
I currently have a filter in my established tank and waiting for my other filter. After this I’ll update this thread with my progress

The two main reasons for lighting is growing plants and for viewing the fish if you are keeping your fish in a shed with a window and it's letting in enough daylight the less hours you would need to keep the lights on , I have my lights on between 5 to 10 hours a day

The two main reasons for lighting is growing plants and for viewing the fish if you are keeping your fish in a shed with a window and it's letting in enough daylight the less hours you would need to keep the lights on , I have my lights on between 5 to 10 hours a day
I’ve setup both tanks, tank is still cloudy from sand but I’ll update perhaps tomorrow of my setup

After a very cold night, and the water dropping to 3 degrees celcius. I’ve had 2 fish day last night, the temperature is meant to rise now but days like that are common going into winter in uk. I’m thinking this may have been a better idea start of next year maybe March time. I’ve insulated the tank with carpet so hopefully that makes a difference and hopefully I don’t lose anymore

After a very cold night, and the water dropping to 3 degrees celcius. I’ve had 2 fish day last night, the temperature is meant to rise now but days like that are common going into winter in uk. I’m thinking this may have been a better idea start of next year maybe March time. I’ve insulated the tank with carpet so hopefully that makes a difference and hopefully I don’t lose anymore
it would be better to start next year the fish need a longer time to adapt to cooler temperatures 3c is too cold, in the winter time it will be best to insulate the tank with polystyrene including the top I also think it would be better if can you use a heater,

it would be better to start next year the fish need a longer time to adapt to cooler temperatures 3c is too cold, in the winter time it will be best to insulate the tank with polystyrene including the top I also think it would be better if can you use a heater,
Yes I think the correct idea would be to return the fish and start next year

Hmm I have some WCMM I've grown from almost fry. How does one sex them? Differences?

it's not a very good picture ,
males are more colourful and anal fin set back more towards the tail dorsal fin slightly larger,
females less colourful and more round and plump in body
IMG_5717.JPG

Most reactions

Back