Breeding Questions

im not sure if 3 - 6 month old bettas are even capable of spawning... i always thought 9 - 12 months was ideal

im not sure if 3 - 6 month old bettas are even capable of spawning... i always thought 9 - 12 months was ideal

i thought it was 7-8 months to start breeding, and nothing past 18 months(could be younger). i wouldnt try breeding them if they are past 12 months though. then again i could be wrong considering im still new to breeding bettas myself. try looking around on different sites, do a bit of reserch. www.bettatalk.com is a good place to begin, but try a bunch of different sites, there are tons of them out there.

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, 7-8 months? There are people selling 3.5 month olds on aquabid and saying they're ready to breed. So why not more than 12 months? One more thing, where do you breeders get your breeding stock?

I've always heard/read that bettas are in their "prime," so to speak, from 3-6 months. Bettas over 12 months may not be fertile any more and I think they are pretty close to all done by 18 months or so. The containers in the OP are ok for juveniles until they are sold. Wouldn't use them long-term, though. I got the bettas I bred from Aquabid :)

Most reactions

Back