Breeding Pair Of Afra's

HappyGeorge

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Thankyou everybody for your kind comments on my Rena DIY backdrop build, I see this has now had about 11,500 views so here's hoping I have inspired some others to try it for themselves.
My wife has persuaded me to pick up a 2nd hand Godiva marine 5ft tank to match the Marine tank I ordered from Godiva, it was an opportunity not to miss. Plan was to switch the Malawis into the 5ft Godiva but there is too much work to do in switching the tanks to guarantee the fishes health whilst switching over.
So with regret I am selling the lot, in the absence of being able to find the whole lot a new home I will have to get rid of the fish first

This isn't a sales thread as my LFS will take them off me at a reasonable price but I would desperately like to house the pair of breeding Cynotolapia 'Red Top' Afra's, Mbuna Malawi Cichlids they are a beautiful pair and the female is holding a batch at the moment. They have made me over £100 in juves sold back to the LFS but they can't house them as a pair and I really don't like the thought of them being seperated, and there are always people wanting to get Malawis breeding on here so thought I would give someone a headstart. Not a guarantee that they will breed elsewhere but a good chance.

So does anyone know anyone who would like them, I want £20 for the pair which is stupid cheap and the same as the LFS would give me but would like to find them a home together to continue their good work, she's got £30 worth juves in her mouth.
DADDY about 6-7 inch.
Daddyblue.jpg

MUMMY holding about 4-5 inch.
Hold1.jpg

They look gorgeous George. Where abouts are you located? :unsure:

They look gorgeous George. Where abouts are you located? :unsure:

That would have been a good thing to include, thanks Elise. I'm on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent, UK

Not close enough for me to consider taking them off your hands unfortunately, huge shame as P&P would cost too much for me too :/
I sincerely hope you find a great home for them though ;)

Bump - Come on guys someone must want these beauties am loath to take then to the LFS and let them get split up.

Just a thought George, have you tried posting on the 'African Cichlid forum'? :unsure:

Most reactions

Back