Breeding Big Ear Pair

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
This is my male I love him.
BettaEE_LOOK_zpsfb1711bc.jpg

bettaEEtwo_zpsa11ff658.jpg

bettaEE_Nice_zps67370425.jpg

This is my new female she is great very healthy and ready to breed she is full of eggs. Thing is she is not the fish I thought I was getting. Also she is a half moon. I wanted a hmpk. But she is great so we will try and breed her.

mrsbetta4_zps9717d71d.jpg

mrsbettafins_zpsa5a644b5.jpg

mrsBetta_zps2c714aad.jpg

These 2 are being conditioned and i will try breeding on Monday.

Beautiful fish! I bet you'll get some really pretty babies! Good luck! 

Well Change of plan.  These 2 are not a pair. I have a really nice HMPK on the way that I am going to breed to the Blue female. I have a matching salamander Big ear female on the way that I will breed to the salamander. 

I have been getting my fish room all set up and ready. at the end of the month I will spawn them again. But I have a vacation in the middle of this month I don't want to have fry and leave them. 

I am picking up my new fish tomorrow they are Thai imports. I will get photos soon. 

Ooh looking forward to photos :D will you put them on this thread?

New plan. 

This is the male I just got I am in love with him. He is a marble Plakat with blue eyes. 

I will use the same blue female with big ears. here she is a little beat up after the first try at spawning. 

I will breed them at the end of the month. I have the fish room set up an ready to go. I am going on vacation and don't want to leave fry for a week. Last time I did that i lost them. 

It will take a few generation to get all Big ears. But it is a project. I think with or without the big ears they will still give me some nice fish.

I want to breed this female to my purple dumbo male. The breeder forgot to send me my fish this shipment but she will look like this.

That males gorgeous, I can't wait to see the fry either, good luck!

Those are beautiful fish! Curious as to what your fry will look like.
thumbs-up.gif
 :)

UPDATE

I bred that marble male to this female 
trouble1_zpsa41ac42d.jpg

Ok its been about 4 months and I have lots of bettas that need homes. I only have 6 males here are a few of them. The rest look to be all females but there are still a few small ones I can't sex yet. 

Here are a few males I got from the spawn. 

male5two_zps77e6fdee.jpg

maleBLue4_zpsdb1feb02.jpg

Male3_zps5c6b34db.jpg

If anyone wants some dragon HMPK marbles let me know I ship. 

That second young male looks to have very nice form

Most reactions

Back