Breeding Angels.

kevy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I know most people who breed them have angels in a tank made only for them, have no gravel, a slanted piece of slate, among many other things. But would they breed in a community tank setup?

I’ve heard that they will fall in-between the pieces of gravel. Is this true? Can you still get some fry out of a tank with gravel?

Can other fish be in the same tank? (A 29-gallon)

They'll breed with community fish present but they might harass or kill them.

I?ve heard that they will fall in-between the pieces of gravel. Is this true?

I think you mean marbles?

Can you still get some fry out of a tank with gravel?

I'm not sure what you mean? The fry will be free swimming within a week and won't be in the gravel.

I was looking around for information on other forums, and a couple talked about what happens if you breed angels with gravel in the tank. They said the fry would fall off the rock they were laid on to the gravel and get trapped between the pieces of gravel, and die there. I’m assuming you don’t agree with th

No, I'm not saying it's not true. They were probably saying from their experience so it can't be discounted. I've just never heard of this is all.

The story with the babies getting trapped is very true. I lost about 14 baby mollies because they would run away from fish into the gravel! Once in these little tight holes they would get stuck and die.

why dont you just get an isolation net???problem solved right??? :thumbs: my angels breeded in a tank with gravel and i dont think any of them got stuck in the gravel but then again i was away at the time so im not sure.....good luck!!!

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

is there anything special youneed to breed angel or just a male and female?

Most reactions

Back