Breeding Angel - Female Died

bmcelfresh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a breeding pair if angels. They has been together from day one (over four years). The female died. I have two other males, but you cannot put them together (fight club). Should I buy another mature female and put her in with my breeding male? I don't care if they breed, but he seems so lost.

I think you're right. I am going to put him (Mr. Silver) into the 55gl, and buy some friends. However that is how I ended up where I am now. I ended up with three males, and once they get large they cannot be in the same tank. These males have a body as big as your fist and then add the fins. They are huge. I have one in a 29gl, one in a 55gl, and one in a 75gl. Of course, they are not alone, but I cannot put them all together. Suggestions? They make great centerpiece fish to any community tank.

I'll say find the local breeder or small shop who would trade your big male for small group of juvis. I'm sure someone interested to obtain big and healthy male Angel.
Or find the buyer and sell it and get group of young Angels. And grow them out and see you have a pair or 2.

I guess I don't know what I am trying to say. I don't want him to grieve himself to death, which seems to be what's happening. He is eating, but just hanging around the top of the tank. It's not his normal behavior.

I would like to make the 29gl a livebearer tank. I have no luck with them, but I want to try. I really cannot put these males together. A breeding pair makes it impossible to stock a tank. Talk about aggressive! Maybe you're right I need to find someone to take him.

Most reactions

Back