Bred!

zakkp8

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well the have finally bred! I have about 50 eggs now, they are still breeding the male is attacking my columbian shark though, the rams layed the egges in the sharks territory. I'm worried I'll find the shark dead soon :-( I'm so excited for them though I called my dad and aunt just now. I'm shaking I'm so happy. This is the first time I have ever had anything other then Bettas and Guppies breed. I think my angels may be next because they have become more territorally. All are in my community tank.

Well the have finally bred! I have about 50 eggs now, they are still breeding the male is attacking my columbian shark though, the rams layed the egges in the sharks territory. I'm worried I'll find the shark dead soon :-( I'm so excited for them though I called my dad and aunt just now. I'm shaking I'm so happy. This is the first time I have ever had anything other then Bettas and Guppies breed. I think my angels may be next because they have become more territorally. All are in my community tank.

Hey, congratulations!!! I know the feeling...it makes a person feel like they're doing something right. I have a pair of parrots that are constantly guarding a cave ful of eggs(even though they may not hatch) check out my avatar.
Just out of curiousity, what size tank are all of these fish in?

Is it just a pair of rams, pair of angels, and a shark in the tank?

You may have some problems if both pairs are breeding 'mode.' Especially with the shark lurking around for food.

Do you have any spare tanks to separate these fish if it becomes a problem?

just a couple of quick q's off the top of my head.

Good Luck & congratulations,

BobRoss :good:

Hey, congratulations!!! I know the feeling...it makes a person feel like they're doing something right. I have a pair of parrots that are constantly guarding a cave ful of eggs(even though they may not hatch) check out my avatar.
Just out of curiousity, what size tank are all of these fish in?

Is it just a pair of rams, pair of angels, and a shark in the tank?

You may have some problems if both pairs are breeding 'mode.' Especially with the shark lurking around for food.

Do you have any spare tanks to separate these fish if it becomes a problem?

just a couple of quick q's off the top of my head.

Good Luck & congratulations,

BobRoss :good:
Thanks! I have them in a comunity 55gallon tank.

And the Rams bred in the sharks territory, but it looks like he moved back into his old territory at the top corner of the tank.

No I don't have a spare tank, hopefully it wont become a problem, all I have left is my community 10 gallon to put them in incase there are any problems between angels.

Well all the eggs were eaten saturday. But today the same male ram bred with my other female, lol. Playa fish!

Most reactions

Back