Brazilian Rainbow Boa

The second picture was a few months ago and I had trouble getting good color because the chair is a black rocking chair, etc. Still I like the pict.
[/quote]

here it is, I hope. Karen Campbell

Attachments

• Chuck_resized_on_back_of_rocking_chair.JPG
    Chuck_resized_on_back_of_rocking_chair.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 57
WOW! I love how where the shiny scales reflect the light, it has a rainbow kind of shine. i'm guessing that's why it's called a brazillian rainbow boa?

Thanks everyone :good:

Gorgeus snake. Definatly gets a POTM nomination from me.

Thanks for the nomination but he was already nominated and won POTM for March :good:

Karen.....your boy is stunning!!!! I think we were lucky because the breeder of our two keeps them until they are 6 months old so by the time we got them they'd been handled regularly and were very good natured. Although we have a Carpet Python that will bite you soon as look at you lol

We also saw a nature programme a while ago where they came across an adult in the wild. The guy just picked it up and it showed no aggression at all. Like you say though the more you handle when young the better they are once older. I certainly wouldn't want a bite from an adult!!!!!

Lol....no worries, we'll put it down to being a senior moment.... and thanks :good:

Thanks everyone :good:

Gorgeus snake. Definatly gets a POTM nomination from me.

Thanks for the nomination but he was already nominated and won POTM for March :good:

Karen.....your boy is stunning!!!! I think we were lucky because the breeder of our two keeps them until they are 6 months old so by the time we got them they'd been handled regularly and were very good natured. Although we have a Carpet Python that will bite you soon as look at you lol

We also saw a nature programme a while ago where they came across an adult in the wild. The guy just picked it up and it showed no aggression at all. Like you say though the more you handle when young the better they are once older. I certainly wouldn't want a bite from an adult!!!!!
Was the breeder you bought from a hobbyist breeder?? That would explain getting a docile one. My breeder is one of the largest, if not the largest full time reptile breeder in the United States. He has thousands of breeders and sells most of his babies to wholesellers who sell to petstores. That place is amazing and how they keep records on EACH snake, what the bloodlines are, etc. They simply have to many hatchlings to handle them other than cleaning. Chuck was VERY bitie. LOL and his tiny teeth drew blood each time. No big deal tho, barely felt it. I wish I could afford to buy one of his Emerald Tree Boas. NOW talk about a gorgous animal but it is rare for them to become docile AND their teeth are huge because in nature they live in the tropical forests and their main food is birds and the teeth have to be long to get through the layers of feathers. Eugene said they can beome somewhat docil if one is aware about the do and don'ts of when to handle them. Karen Campbell

The Emerald Tree Boas are gorgeous too. I love the way they change colour from Orange as babies to such a vibrant green!!!!

This is another I would love to have but they have very weak spines as babies so it's recommended that you don't handle them if possible for the first year.

Green Tree Python

green-tree-python-chondro-Morelia-v.jpg

The Emerald Tree Boas are gorgeous too. I love the way they change colour from Orange as babies to such a vibrant green!!!!

This is another I would love to have but they have very weak spines as babies so it's recommended that you don't handle them if possible for the first year.

Green Tree Python

green-tree-python-chondro-Morelia-v.jpg
I had never heard that. I wonder why that is?? Believe I will check around and see what I can learn. Would this be true for the Tree Boas only or does it include the pythons as well? Karen C.

I don't know why this is but I don't think the same applies to the Boas. I love the way they curl around their branches. The trouble is they are very expensive too!!!!!

I don't know why this is but I don't think the same applies to the Boas. I love the way they curl around their branches. The trouble is they are very expensive too!!!!!
I asked a friend of mine who use to be known as the snake lady because of all the snakes she bred. Including hot ones. Anyhow, I asked her about the delicate backs of the pythons and boas, and she said all tree varieties are weak spined the first year. She said she does not even or did not even try sexing her hatchlings because of the weakness. She said she never even sexed any until they were a year of age. Karen Campbell

Most reactions

Back