Brackish pictures

I was planning on stocking with the 2 columbians I have now and adding a Scat and a Mono Sebae later. I was so excited to see both of these fish in your tank!

Remember both these species are schooling fish so you will need at least 3 of each for them to be happy.

Have you tried a mangrove? I've done some research but it seems like more trouble than it's worth

I have some mangroves starting out in a freshwater tank but thye seem to be growing painfully slowly, not sure if thats normal but it will certainly be some time before they are large enough to withstand attacks from the scats.

What are the dimensions of your tank?

The tank is 48x20x20"

Shark cat is gorgeous. What's the size on that one?

That shark cat is around 6" and growing fast

what type of wood is that?

The wood is sold as mangrove root, it probably isnt real mangrove root but it makes a good substitute.

Any recent pictures of the Hemisorubim platyrhynchos and the Ageneiosus brevifilis

I'm afraid not, theyre both heavily nocturnal so its just a waiting game to see if they do a day light appearence while i have a camera in my hand.

though if it were mine, it'd have archerfish in it.

I do plan to add 3 archer fish but as yet haven't seen any that are large enough to be added without being food for the morays and tiger fish.

I was planning on stocking with the 2 columbians I have now and adding a Scat and a Mono Sebae later. I was so excited to see both of these fish in your tank!

Remember both these species are schooling fish so you will need at least 3 of each for them to be happy.

Do you think an 80 gal. could handle it? How many fish total do you keep in your tank? I am worried about overstocking since most of these fish can get pretty large.

One more question. What do you feed them? I feed my cats pellets now but I'd like to get them something a bit more hardy.

I keep 3 scats, 3 monos, 2 archerfish (just obtained), 1 shark cat, 2 morays and 1 toad fish in my 80g. This is fine for now as i run a large internal and a external filter on the tank plus a protein skimmer and UV steriliser but the tank will be upgraded to at least a 180 at some time in the future.

You could keep a school of either the scats or the mono's along with the 2 shark cats for life.

Most reactions

Back