Boyu Tl-550

or white?

I've got three powerheads in mine. 2 Koralia 1's and a Koralia nano.

The two 1's sit top left and top right pointing to the middle and the nano is bottom left at the back so prevent dead spots round the back.

or white?

I've got three powerheads in mine. 2 Koralia 1's and a Koralia nano.

The two 1's sit top left and top right pointing to the middle and the nano is bottom left at the back so prevent dead spots round the back.
Something else to consider then.
Do you have any sponge coral in your tank at all and if so how easy,difficult are they to keep?only i think the blue and the orange fan look amazing and are also good filters to!

I do have a green sponge fan type thing but I didnt buy it - it's growing from the rock. Would of taken it off as they rot from the insisde out. But it wasnt there when the rock went in so have left it.

I do have a green sponge fan type thing but I didnt buy it - it's growing from the rock. Would of taken it off as they rot from the insisde out. But it wasnt there when the rock went in so have left it.
I have a question regarding the spray bar.
Inmy tank the spray bar is set as half of the spray bar is angled down(the back part closest to the filter housing ect..)and the front piece angled up.
Is this the best way or is it best to keep them all angled one way?

Have them all angled up to create as much agitation as you can :good:

Seffie x
Ok seffie,done that.Will be changing filter media the weekend to just live rock and rowaphos as suggested earlier in this thread.
When i do this can i expect a small/big rise in nitrate levels?
Will only have 2 clowns in after friday as selling other 3 to lfs so that should help if the nitrate levels do go up!

You will probably get a rise - when you lift the spong out have an old container as close as possible so that you don't have to drag it over the main display and leach more nitrates into the tank, hold the container over the weir and drop the sponge in it asap :good:

Don't worry about it however, it will soon be fine with your weekly water change

Seffie x

You will probably get a rise - when you lift the spong out have an old container as close as possible so that you don't have to drag it over the main display and leach more nitrates into the tank, hold the container over the weir and drop the sponge in it asap :good:

Don't worry about it however, it will soon be fine with your weekly water change

Seffie x

Ok,my blue tang and 2 damsels have now left the tank and my lfs gave me £20 so was happy with that and glad to see the back of them(especially the damsels).

My 2 clown fish have got smiles on there faces now as not getting bullied and whole tank to themselves apart from cuc

Today have done a 70 ltr water change(got carried away)

Taken all filter media from the tank and have replaced with live rock and rowaphos on hook in chamber 2 and activated carbon on hook in chamber 3 with heater.

I have placed the heater further down the chamber.As it had 2 pieces in the back chamber where you slide the heater down,i have taken the top one out so heater can slide further down,cus what i noticed was as the water level falls during the week the top plastic piece is slowing getting warm and bending.This is ok to do rite?

Ordered an extra koralia 1 of ebay for £25(thats with postage).

So just going to leave the tank now till my koralia comes which should be next thursday or friday and give it time to settle.

I could do with reading a good book on coral for beginers.If anyone as any good titles they would like to share with me then i would be more than gratefull.

Rite,im off to take the dog out as she has had her legs crossed for hours and it as actually STOPPED raining(cant believe it)

nottosalty

All sounds good to me :good: bet those clowns are happy chappies

Well, The Book on corals has to be Eric Borneman's

Seffie x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquarium-Corals-Selection-Husbandry-Natural/dp/1890087475/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270227403&sr=8-1

yer i agree :good: its a good book

Well that was a bit of luck wasnt it.

Bought "THE BOOK" today off ebay,only lived 10 miles away from me so have been and collected it.

In "as new" condition for £25.Easter bargain for me!

Cant believe some sellers are selling it for £50+

Can do some reading later whilst munching on a easter egg.mmmm....
Being carefull mind not to get chocolate on holy grail.

Bought "THE BOOK" today off ebay,only lived 10 miles away from me so have been and collected it.

so it was you i bid against. i bid up to £23!!!after seeing this thread this morning

so it was you i bid against. i bid up to £23!!!after seeing this thread this morning

Most reactions

Back