Boyu Tl 550

paulsmyth01

Reaction score
i only got a boyu tl 550 and am new to marine aquatics i was wondering what is the led box that is connected to the pump supplied and has a green and red led?

:hi: to TFF and the saltier side of life :good:

I believe you are talking about the UV box that sits outside the tank.

We would love to hear all about your plans - several of us on here started out with the orca 550 and you will find several people on here who are just a little bit further ahead than you - take a look at Digialstorm and CoMans thread here in the Nano section and if you want a very long read for a wet weekend :p you could even read mine

Seffie x

Yeah - I've only had mine setup and running for a week now.

I even thought I'd not been given a ~UV but then I realised it was situated on the LHS of the tank!

There's plently of information and people are very patient answering questions!

Welcome. My 550 has been running for about 3 months now and it's been a rollacoster. But all in all a really good tank and a great hobby.

Good luck

We would love to hear all about your plans - several of us on here started out with the orca 550 and you will find several people on here who are just a little bit further ahead than you - take a look at Digialstorm and CoMans thread here in the Nano section and if you want a very long read for a wet weekend :p you could even read mine

Seffie x

i noticed on one of your posts that another member suggested a book on selection of live coral what was the name of the book if you dont mind me asking?

paul

Seffie x

i noticed on one of your posts that another member suggested a book on selection of live coral what was the name of the book if you dont mind me asking?

paul

p.s. how long did you have to wait in your tank to add fish and coral?

You cycle your tank and then add cuc crew, you can start to slowly increase your stock from that point on :good: I can't put a time on this process as it is all according how 'cured' your live rock is and how much die off you have. However, lets say best case: fully cycled live rock transported in water for less than half an hour - you would have little die off and likely a very quick cycle, may not even have a cycle at all. Worst case, live rock uncured - six to eightweeks to cure at least!! Most people have something in the middle, so usually about a week or so

Seffie x

You cycle your tank and then add cuc crew, you can start to slowly increase your stock from that point on :good: I can't put a time on this process as it is all according how 'cured' your live rock is and how much die off you have. However, lets say best case: fully cycled live rock transported in water for less than half an hour - you would have little die off and likely a very quick cycle, may not even have a cycle at all. Worst case, live rock uncured - six to eightweeks to cure at least!! Most people have something in the middle, so usually about a week or so

Seffie x

sorry what was that book suggested to you by big c regarding live coral selection etc.

Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry and Natural History

Eric Boreman

Im thinking of getting it. I've seen it on amazon for about £29. Is that a good deal?

Sweet! Prob will grab it when I get paid

Most reactions

Back