Bouyancy Issues

Amdonim

Reaction score
I've recently noticed that my betta, Freddie, cannot seem to get neutrally bouyant. He swims down but instantly floats back up. I thought it might be something with his tank water, but the same thing happened in another tank. Any ideas what could be causing this?

swim bladder or digestive problem (bloating pushes on swim bladder and causes problems).

Does he appear to be bloated? If so, stop feeding. Boil a pea in water until the shell comes of. Squish it, and drop it into the tank. The fiber should clean out the digestive tract.

If he is not bloated. Give it a day and see if the condition changes. If nothing has changed treat with an internal bacterial med. Maracyn 1 and 2 in conjunction should knock it out.

Certainly a swim bladder issue tho.

edit: what sort of tank is he in? (size, temp, etc)

Lower the level of the water also, or make sure he has a plant or something he can rest on close to the top. It will stress him out if he has sb issues and cant reach the top of his water :good:

That was it, I fed him a pea a few hours ago and now he's happily swimming around like normal again. Thanks for the help.

whats his normal diet like? i feed 5 attisons pro 1x a day and 4 bllod worms on sat then ither a pea on suday or no food at all, just sounds like he had a bunged up belly, too much protiene rich food can do it.

Most reactions

Back