Bottled Bacteria

Go back and read the original post:

Ive been reading alot on bacteria and how you should do a fishless cycle because the bottled bacteria is basically crap, unless you want to keep adding it once a week plus spending the money.
I was just wondering if i was to stop adding the bacteria, would it be like starting over again? Or is possible to stop adding bottled bacteria and still manage a stress free inviroment for the fish, while it cycles again.

So the OP was reading a lot "on bacteria". Did this include anything by Dr. Hovanec? I doubt it, so right off I provided the poster with a link to some excellent and accurate info about bacteria. Who else who replied did this? In their second post in this thread this is what the OP said:

As time goes on im learning more and more, and when i read something which i didnt know i kick myself wishing i done it that way.

Further, had my original links been followed to Dr. Tims site, a curious person might have also stumbled upon this link on the left side of the page which goes to a page on which Dr. Hovanec discussed fishless cycling both without and with the use of his product: Fishless Cycling I mean who better to write about fishless cycling than Dr. Hovanec?

I was one of the only respondents in this thread who actually addressed the OP's questions with high quality information. Albeit info one had to actually do a bit of work in order to get the full benefit.

I'm on my third tank and have been using bottled bacteria on every one and every time it has worked my fish are healthy and happy. :D

Go back and read the original post:

Ive been reading alot on bacteria and how you should do a fishless cycle because the bottled bacteria is basically crap, unless you want to keep adding it once a week plus spending the money.
I was just wondering if i was to stop adding the bacteria, would it be like starting over again? Or is possible to stop adding bottled bacteria and still manage a stress free inviroment for the fish, while it cycles again.

So the OP was reading a lot "on bacteria". Did this include anything by Dr. Hovanec? I doubt it, so right off I provided the poster with a link to some excellent and accurate info about bacteria. Who else who replied did this? In their second post in this thread this is what the OP said:

As time goes on im learning more and more, and when i read something which i didnt know i kick myself wishing i done it that way.

Further, had my original links been followed to Dr. Tims site, a curious person might have also stumbled upon this link on the left side of the page which goes to a page on which Dr. Hovanec discussed fishless cycling both without and with the use of his product: Fishless Cycling I mean who better to write about fishless cycling than Dr. Hovanec?

I was one of the only respondents in this thread who actually addressed the OP's questions with high quality information. Albeit info one had to actually do a bit of work in order to get the full benefit.
Hey thanks i appricieate it, ive never heard of dr tims/dr Hovanec before and its a most helpful site, thanks

Most reactions

Back