Bn Plec

FishFanatic13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
last sunday i brought a bn plec he is about 1 inch big
i was just wondering but since i got him he is always sucked onto the glass often by one or on one of the filters
but dont they swim around abit i have 3 pieces of bogwood in my tank but doesn't seem intrested in them
thursday night i placed some lettace in the tank in the gravel but he did not touch this and once a night i put a tetra tabimin in for my ground feeders but does not go on this even though the lights are off because i know they are shy and noctunal
so he is not eating much should i be worried or should i do anything about this

last sunday i brought a bn plec he is about 1 inch big
i was just wondering but since i got him he is always sucked onto the glass often by one or on one of the filters
but dont they swim around abit i have 3 pieces of bogwood in my tank but doesn't seem intrested in them
thursday night i placed some lettace in the tank in the gravel but he did not touch this and once a night i put a tetra tabimin in for my ground feeders but does not go on this even though the lights are off because i know they are shy and noctunal
so he is not eating much should i be worried or should i do anything about this
All plecs graze on algae on glass, even huge commons. Tiny baby plecs tend to spend a lot of their time eating algae on glass and filters. My baby BN did when they were 1in. As plecs grow bigger they will start to eat veg and pellets but algae is probably enough for your little one at the moment so don't worry.

also BN's are not a wood eating species, so dont surprised if you never see him munching your wood. if he is, hes more likely to be taking algae off it.

they become pretty active as well

Once hes settled you;ll see him out day or night when food goes in

plecs don't really swim much more shuffle from place to place and along the bottom but once settled they get more active well BN's do in any event

I got a BN Plec with my Tank, He is about 7 inch big, and he mainly sits under my bogwood and he hasnt been eating an Algae Waffers but is obviously ok because he's still here after a week or so...
Might trade him in soom though because he may destroy my Eventually Planted tank...

I got a BN Plec with my Tank, He is about 7 inch big, and he mainly sits under my bogwood and he hasnt been eating an Algae Waffers but is obviously ok because he's still here after a week or so...
Might trade him in soom though because he may destroy my Eventually Planted tank...
ok thanks

Most reactions

Back