Bn Plec Turning White ?

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Any reason for this she must be about 2 years old ? Rest of bns l144s are fine and all other fish are happy any reason ? Has this happend to any one else ? I have pics but can not upload on phone

Any reason for this she must be about 2 years old ? Rest of bns l144s are fine and all other fish are happy any reason ? Has this happend to any one else ? I have pics but can not upload on phone

How many BN's do you have? Size of tank?

There are two L144's about 5 bn's biggest the one that's turning white at about 4“ . Tank is a 85 gallon

Have you ruled out stress colouration?

This was my thought also. Has she been bullied by another fish, have you changed something in the tank? Anything that could cause stress.

Nuffin seems to pick on him has loads of hideing places

But is it stress colouration? Google it and see if it looks like what your pleco has.

I have a plec that has an area of white on its back so i am interested in answers to the OP concerns. I note that questions are asked re stress, in my case i have been in the tank a lot lately, introduced gravel for one, would this type of activity cause and area of whiteness? Hope i am not stealing the thread
smile.png

No not at all none of the pics in google search lookk familar !! He has literly turned from black in to a metalic silver , I will post a pic tomorrow from my pc

I have a plec that has an area of white on its back so i am interested in answers to the OP concerns. I note that questions are asked re stress, in my case i have been in the tank a lot lately, introduced gravel for one, would this type of activity cause and area of whiteness? Hope i am not stealing the thread
smile.png

Stress causes the entire fish to become pale, not just one patch. I read recently that a white patch on the back (a 'saddle' mark) can be a symptom of columnaris. Or it could possibly be a burn?

smile.png

Stress causes the entire fish to become pale, not just one patch. I read recently that a white patch on the back (a 'saddle' mark) can be a symptom of columnaris. Or it could possibly be a burn?

Stress colouration on a plec often results in patches going pale, I have yet to see an entire plec turn pale due to stress. Not saying it can't happen, just that I have never seen it happen.

smile.png

Stress colouration on a plec often results in patches going pale, I have yet to see an entire plec turn pale due to stress. Not saying it can't happen, just that I have never seen it happen.

Oh sorry I didn't realise, I've never had it happen to mine so just assumed they turned pale like other fish.

No problem, it's a pretty fair assumption to make. Stress colouration on a plec is indeed peculiar.

Most reactions

Back