Bn And Shrimp Together?

sozza

Reaction score
I was just wondering whether I could put glass shrimp in with my two albino bristlenoses?? Are there any issues with having them together?

Any info would be much appreciated!!!

I've kept shrimp in with my BN and had no problems so far at all. They all leave each other alone and there's no fighting. The BN even 'tolorate' the shrimps eating the cucumber + algae waffer at the same time as them, as long as there's enough room on the food!

edit: just noticed you've said glass shrimp, which I know nothing about. The shrimp i've kept with my BN are ghost & Amano shrimp

Cool thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure glass shrimp is another name for ghost shrimp...? So I am hoping they will be fine together!

I've kept shrimp in with my BN and had no problems so far at all. They all leave each other alone and there's no fighting. The BN even 'tolorate' the shrimps eating the cucumber + algae waffer at the same time as them, as long as there's enough room on the food!

edit: just noticed you've said glass shrimp, which I know nothing about. The shrimp i've kept with my BN are ghost & Amano shrimp

is it the amano shrimp that are supposed to eat poop?? i heard that somewhere once but i dont know if its true or not

is it the amano shrimp that are supposed to eat poop?? i heard that somewhere once but i dont know if its true or not

That could be handy... coz the BN pumps out poo like anything!
Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with the BN poo other than vacuuming which I already do??

yer dont feed it lol
i have shrimp and a bn together by the way so i wouldnt worry

amano shrimp don't eat poo!

i don't know of a single fresh water detritevore available commonly in the aquarium trade, you need to get the poo out yourself!! lol

however amano shrimp (amongst other scavengers) will eat any left over food and algae

amano shrimp don't eat poo!

i don't know of a single fresh water detritevore available commonly in the aquarium trade, you need to get the poo out yourself!! lol

however amano shrimp (amongst other scavengers) will eat any left over food and algae

i do realise there arent any but i heard it somewhere and just thought id check. like you, i have never heard of any but i figured it could be possible...somehow...hehe

There are some fish like Talipia which eat poop but they get far too large for the home aquaria and are actually grown for human consumption (obviously on a diet better than fish poop).

There are some fish like Talipia which eat poop but they get far too large for the home aquaria and are actually grown for human consumption (obviously on a diet better than fish poop).

:nod:

yup there are a few fresh water detritevores in the big bad world, can't think of any commonly available, shame really get plenty of them for SW, it's practically a tank essential to have some!

Most reactions

Back