Blue rams with kuli loaches?

I haven't set up the tank yet and I am planning to put in the fish in july but where I live the tap water is on the softer side and has a ph of about 6 to 7

I haven't set up the tank yet and I am planning to put in the fish in july but where I live the tap water is on the softer side and has a ph of about 6 to 7

Yes, it is the source water (tap water) we need as it is much easier and safer to select fish suited to your water parameters. Can you track down a number for the GH, perhaps on the water board's website? Many times we have had "soft" or "hard" turn out to be very different and you want to be certain. With a pH below 7 it likely is soft, but just how soft can matter too.

Sorry I cant find the exact number for my state and my test kit dosen't have GH. However my ph is fairly alkaline.

Sorry I cant find the exact number for my state and my test kit dosen't have GH. However my ph is fairly alkaline.

This is why we ask for numbers..."alkaline" pH used to mean a pH above 7.0 which is now termed basic; a pH below 7.0 is acidic, and previously you gave it as 6-7. Perhaps you could call the water authority?

You could get a GH/KH test kit but I wouldn't waste your monmey; once you/we know the GH of the tap water it is not going to change much if at all in an aquarium unless you specifically target it, and we don't need to get into that convoluted process here.

15893249892742797538416810969827.jpg

Thats the only measure i have right now hope this helps

Thats the only measure i have right now hope this helps

That's the pH, and what was then termed "alkaline" is now termed "basic." It's the GH we need to pin down still.

Most reactions

Back